Regulations for taking a dog or cat to Kuwait
Kuwait does not quarantine healthy pets who meet the following requirements:
- To enter Kuwait with your pet, you must obtain an Import Permit from the Authority for Agriculture Affairs and Fish Resources (PAAAFR).
- Pets entering Kuwait must be microchipped with the ISO 11784/11785 15 digit pet microchip. If your pet’s microchip is not ISO 11784/11785 compliant, you can bring your own microchip scanner.
- Your pet cat or dog must be vaccinated for rabies between 30 days and 12 months prior to entry into the country.
- Within 10 days of travel, a USDA (or CFIA) accredited veterinarian must then complete the Veterinary Certificate for Kuwait for endorsement by the USDA or CFIA if traveling from the United States or Canada. If you are not traveling from either of these countries, the Governing Authority of your country should endorse the forms.
- A copy of the Rabies Certificate should also be included for endorsement.
This completes a passport for your dog or cat to enter Kuwait.